We are looking for a dynamic and driven System and Network engineer who has at least 3-5 years of relevant experience in the field of server and network environment.
This role will be focused on companies’ server and network environment and day-to-day operations for both of our entities (The Netherlands and USA). This position reports to the Manager ICT, who is based at our Headquarters in Leiden.
About Batavia Biosciences
The short version is that Batavia helps to optimize the route from drug discovery to clinic.
The reality is that we do much more than that: by leveraging the combination of our expert workforce, our broad, international academic and public network and our extensive range of high-end services, we design the optimal route for our customers to reach the one person that we all are 100% committed to: the patient.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- As system and network engineer you are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the whole network, server, VPN, Firewalls and security of the company. The approximate percentage of workload is 60% system and 20% network for this function.
- Investigating issues, plan and make changes, rollout updates on server and network devices, both virtual and physical.
- Help 1st and 2nd line support with more complex issues and on busy moments
- Installing and testing servers and network equipment
- Consult with stakeholders to determine needs and wishes and develop plans to make it work
- Planning of all activities and registering all actions performed
- Creating and updating documentation and procedures
Your letter of motivation and CV should show that you have:
- Education level preferably HBO information technology or similar
- Technical knowledge of server, storage, backup and operating system
- 3-5 years of working experience in an ICT department
- Experience with VMWare architecture, including hypervisor, provisioning through version 7.x.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Workstation architecture and internals (up to and including MS Windows Server 2022), including file system, registry, networking, and security.
- Extensive experience with MS Windows troubleshooting, MS Active Directory Domains, and performance measurement
- Understanding of networking technologies, including TCP/IP, DNS, NetBIOS, WINS, SMB
- Experience with troubleshooting complex incidents and problems associated with IT infrastructure and technologies in a 24×7 environment
- Good communication skills
- Customer focus externally and internally
- Able to work in a planned manner and to set priorities
- Good command of Dutch and English
- Pharmaceutical / Compliance experience is a plus
You can send your application to Mrs. Ingrid van Aarle, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Application by agency or recruiters is not appreciated and will be rejected.