We are currently recruiting a Senior Legal Counsel for our legal team in Leiden, The Netherlands. We are looking for a dedicated, curious and dynamic lawyer, who is a team-player and enjoys working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
As a Senior Legal counsel at Batavia you will advise the business on a wide range of legal issues with a particular focus on general commercial issues including supplier and customer contracts, licences and joint ventures. These will be both under Dutch and other legal systems. In particular, you will be working with our project teams to help them deliver projects successfully. This means that you will directly work towards the improvement of global health through the development of vaccines and other therapies.
Activities will include the following:
- Negotiating customer service agreements and work orders together with the sales and technical teams;
- Working with project teams to structure projects with strategic legal advice on licensing, purchasing and subcontracting arrangements;
- Advising project teams and operational management on legal risk involved in supplier, customer and other operational relationships;
- Providing support for import and export compliance from a legal perspective; and
- Provide advice on legal issues which arise in the operations from time to time.
- European or US qualified lawyer with 8+ years experience in an (international) law firm or in-house in a fast-paced international company;
- You are business-oriented, solution-minded and are good at analyzing and summarizing information;
- You have the ability to adapt in a changing environment, prioritize and work under pressure to deadlines
- You have strong negotiation and influencing skill and you have the ability to think strategically and take initiative;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English;
- You have strong written and oral communication skills;
- You are curious and open-minded;
- Experience with or affinity for life sciences and scientific development is considered an advantage.
When working for Batavia you are a part of a company developing new vaccines and therapeutics for institutions and companies world-wide. You will be working with interesting clients and partners, including NGOs working in the field of global health. The company is fast moving and involves challenging business matters in a international work environment and flat organisation.
You can send your application to our HR Manager, Mrs. Ingrid van Aarle, by email to email@example.com. An assessment may be included in the hiring process.
No unsolicited assistance from search firms is accepted for this employment opportunity